Nowadays, having perfect teeth is important as part of one’s self image. It certainly boosts confidence and self-esteem. It is therefore not surprising that a lot of adults are undergoing teeth straightening procedures done by a Merseyside dentist.
Aside from aesthetic reasons, teeth straightening procedures are also done to:
• As part of treatment for bite problems
• Prevent strain on jaw muscles and jaw
Orthodontic or teeth straightening procedures are usually effective in moving teeth to the best possible position allowing you to have straight teeth. Usually, surgery is required especially if the space in your mouth is not enough for your teeth to be aligned. The procedures can actually be done by your dentist or an orthodontist.
Braces are actually the most common teeth straightening device. In the past, they were really obtrusive, uncomfortable and unsightly but today there are a lot of modern designs which are unobtrusive and no longer unappealing.
Of course, the choice on the type of braces will depend on your preferences and budget. Here are the different types of braces:
• Fixed orthodontic braces – traditional braces that come with metal wires and brackets attached to teeth
• Lingual braces – wire braces fitted to the back of the teeth
• Invisalign – uses clear aligners that can be removed to clean the teeth
• Inman aligner – hybrid between metal braces and invisible braces
• Damon Braces – alternative to traditional braces; friction-free
If you have been longing to smile with great confidence, simply ask your Merseyside dentist about these teeth straightening procedures.