Save your severely infected tooth. There is nothing better than a natural tooth helping you chew your food and brightening your smile. Your Merseyside dentist can perform a root canal treatment on your infected tooth.
Root canal treatment sounds complicated and painful. Yes, that was what it was like then. Now the procedure is clear-cut and has been perfected. The results are excellent and long lasting with only negligible pain and discomfort.
What exactly is root canal treatment? The treatment refers to the process of clearing the tiny canals of your infected tooth and then temporarily filling them with alkaline paste. This paste will disinfect your tooth.
About one week after, the temporary paste will be removed and replaced with an inert material. The treated tooth will be protected with a dental crown to prevent bacteria from getting into the treated area.
Some tips to consider when having a root canal treatment:
• The total cost of your root canals can increase depending on the type of crown you choose.
• Root canals can be done by your general dentist. More complex root canals can be done by an endodontist.
• The root canal procedure is spread over two or more schedules.
• Your root-canal-treated tooth should be cleaned just like your other teeth. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
• In the past, root canals leave parts of your treated tooth dark. Now there are dental techniques and materials that preserve your tooth’s natural color.
Do you want to know some more about root canal treatment? Contact your dentist now.