Dental Implants Liverpool
A dental implant is a titanium metal rod which is placed into the jawbone. It acts as a replacement for the root portion of your tooth. Implants are used to support one or more false teeth. In practice, both the false teeth and their supporting rod are known as 'implants'.
Placing the implants requires a small operation. This can be carried out under local anaesthetic. You will not feel any pain at the time, but you may feel some discomfort during the few daysfollowing the surgery.
- Imtec Mini Dental implants. See illustration on left. These are ideal for securing loose dentures to provide solid , secure dentures giving the wearer confidence to smile and eat. Dr coyne has placed over 1000 of these,and has lectured on the subject to other dentists.The implants can usually be placed and loaded immediately. i.e. secure dentures in 1 visit.
- BICON dental implants are ideal for Replacement of single or multiple missing teeth, without the need for dentures. Dr coyne has trained in Harley St and Marble Arch in London. Boston USA at the BICON Headquarters, and the University of Cartagena, Columbia South America to understand theory, and actually hands on place and restore many BICON dental implants.
Why did I choose BICON over the many other implant systems?Three main reasons
- BICON uses very short implants, so they are safer
- BICON do not use screws, which can break and can be a source of infection
- I have read almost allof the implant companies literature, and BICON just seemed to make sense without too much jargon and without being too complicated.!
It takes about 3-6 months from the initial assessment to the time when the artificial teeth or dentures are finally attached to the implants. However, if only the lower jaw is involved then it may only take around 5 months.
You can have any number of teeth replaced with implants - from one single tooth to a complete set, depending on the state of the bone in your jaw.
Implants are a well-established, tried-and-tested treatment. 90 per cent of modern implants last for at least 15 years.
Remember, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us for a FREE Dental implant consultation at our Liverpool dental implant clinc either by phone or online.
What would you like to do
- Have whiter teeth
- Improve shape & colour of my teeth
- Have no loose dentures
- Have new crowns
- Have whiter fillings
- Straighten my crooked teeth
- Straighten teeth fast
- Replace missing teeth
- Have a smile makeover
One visit can solve the problem of loose dentures for good.
All before and after pictures feature real clients with procedures personally carried out by our practitioner.